Tomas "Tommy" de la Rama Osmeña (born April 26 1948) is a politician in the Philippines. He is currently a Mayor. He was elected Mayor for the first time in 1988. He was re-elected Mayor in the 2004 and 2007 elections. In 1988, he was one of the TOYM Awardees for Pubic Service.
Tomas or “Tommy”, as he is fondly called, is the son of the late Senator Sergio Osmeña Jr. and Lourdes dela Rama Osmeña, the grandson of former Philippine President Sergio Osmeña Sr. and the younger sibling of Senator Sergio Osmeña III. Married to Margarita "Margot" Lim Vargas, their union is blessed with their son Miguel.
He spent his high school years in Sacred Heart School for Boys and earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Agro-Economics from Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro City. He went on for further graduate studies in Finance, Management and International Trade in the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), USA.
He not only excelled in the realm of public service but practically in all his endeavors. Coming from a family where politics and leadership is a natural dominion, his management and leadership skills were honed at a very young age.
- Name : Tomas "Tommy" de la Rama Osmeña
- Birthday : April 26 1948
- Schools Attended :
- High school education; Sacred Heart School for Boys
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Agro-Economics, Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro City
- Graduate studies in Finance, Management and International Trade, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
- Grandfather : Sergio Osmeña Sr.
- Father : Sergio Osmeña Jr.
- Mother : Lourdes dela Rama Osmeña
- Spouse : Margarita "Margot" Lim Vargas
- Children : 1
Awards and Recognitions
- TOYM Awardees for Pubic Service (1988)
- Vigilante-killings issue
- SRP issue
- Talisay cityhood